Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time is Epic

Whenever a new patch or update comes out that has a lot of content you see yourself spend a lot more of your free time in game. I've been doing more dailies, fishing, PVP, riding around Dalaran in circles then before 3.1 and that doesn't even cover the time I spend actually raiding the new content. Like most people we have a wide variety of things we enjoy doing. I know personally in addition to being a Wow addict I enjoy watching my tv shows, anime, going to the gym, hanging out with friends, spending time with the family, and a slew of other things. That doesn't even include the daily responsibilities each of us have. So now that I'm spending more of my free time in the game I have felt I have let other things fall behind a bit.

I used to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and since Ulduar came out I've missed a full week. I've recently looked at my DVR and there is a ton of stuff that I usually watch wtihin 24 hours of it airing still sitting there a week later. While I do want to play more I keep trying to push myself away from the game when I don't need to be there. Now that the initial rush of 3.1 is over I'm able to make the choice once again to step outside the house for few hours vs gathering a bunch of gold to spend on repairs.

We had an exciting time in Ulduar again. Every week we spend a descent amount fo time on a new boss. Iron Council, Kologram, Auriaya, and Hodir have taken us well over a full night of learning to get before we can bring down. It's usually not until the next raid night or even 2 days later before we get our act together and get it right. Once we do get it right we usually walk in there and down all of them in our first night after the reset. We're now giving it a go on Thorim. He's pretty straight forward but again its about each person learning their individual responsibility. We got him down to 17% last night and we're gonna go in tonight again and bring him down.

That is if the people show up. We've been having some issues with healers not showing up and not running with a perfect make up. Even still the people who do show up do a good job and we're a resilient bunch and soon we'll be taking down Yogg

No comments:

Post a Comment